These oatmeal cups are the perfect breakfast to keep in the fridge for those days that you’re a little bit too rushed to make a full meal. They are filling and satisfying and come together in less than 20 minutes. They are also super cute to include on your next brunch menu. I make them almost every time I host a brunch, and they’re always a hit.
I also love how customizable they are. You can swap out the coconut yogurt for Greek yogurt and use any fruit toppings you like! You could also make them in big muffin tins instead of the mini ones and then there will be room for even more fruit on top.
If you’re not going to eat them right away, I would recommend storing them in the fridge without the yogurt and fruit topping and then adding that right before you eat it. They will keep in the fridge for about five days so they’re the perfect snack to make on the weekend to carry you through the week.
Oatmeal Breakfast Cups
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cups unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Coconut yogurt
- Fresh fruit
- Preheat oven to 350oF.
- Grease a mini muffin tin with coconut oil.
- Using a food processor or blender, process the rolled oats into quick oats. This should only take 15 seconds or so. Be careful not to process it into flour.
- Pour the oats into a large bowl and add the apple sauce, maple syrup, chia seeds, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Scoop the mixture into the mini muffin tins and use a spoon to push it up along the sides to make a mini cup.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool completely and top with yogurt and fruit.
Have you made these oatmeal cups? What’s your favourite grab and go breakfast?
Grab and Go Oatmeal Breakfast Cups
March 21, 2019