Some things just belong together. Peanut butter and chocolate are one of those things.
As you may know, I have a major sweet tooth and I’m a constant snacker. These two things combined could lead to unhealthy snacking if I don’t have some better options on hand. Because of this, I make sure that I always have some snacks in my freezer that can curb my hunger and satisfy my sweet tooth. These chocolate peanut butter bites are definitely one of my go-to snacks (and desserts). The peanut butter and coconut oil makes them so filling and the dark chocolate gives the perfect amount of sweetness.
They take all of 10 minutes to make and then you just have to wait patiently for 30 minutes as they harden in the freezer. I used these molds that I got from Amazon. They are the perfect size for snacking and make them just like a mini Reese’s peanut butter cup. Although, since they’re small it makes it extra difficult to have just one. You’ve been warned! I usually make a double batch since they go pretty quickly in my house.
To make them, I melted natural peanut butter with coconut oil and then put the mixture into the molds. I melted some chocolate to put on top and then finished them off with a bit of pink sea salt. You could also make them a full peanut butter cup by putting chocolate on the bottom and on the sides. Trust me, you wouldn’t even notice the difference between these and a mini Reese’s.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Sea salt optional
- Using a double boiler on the stove, mix together the coconut oil, peanut butter and maple syrup.
- Spoon the peanut butter mixture into the molds, leaving space at the top for chocolate.
- Place on a flat surface (such as a cutting board) and put in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil in the same double boiler.
- Remove the molds from the freezer and top each bite with chocolate. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.
- Put back in the freezer and let sit for at least 30 more minutes.
- Pop out of the molds and enjoy. Store in the fridge or freezer.
What’s your favourite sweet snack to have on hand?
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites
April 4, 2019